Thursday 10 November, 2011

Docking This Engineering Life!!




On the strength of my first article, that I wrote in my junior college days and the wide success it got, I heard people asking me, that why I am opting that  career which will take me nowhere & when everyone around me knew that my first love was electronic media and mass communication. And yet, I had no doubt or any second thoughts while taking my feet to a path called engineering…and so also I used to mention to myself everyday that, “Look girl,  engineering is just a path for you, you need to strive for your dream , you need to reach your destination…”
And this is what I was doing, I use to feel that I was not meant for engineering nor was the fact that I hate my field, and to hate something doesn’t mean you don’t like it, it’s just a fact that you stop believing in it…You can love each and everything on this planet but I have no option except to accept this fact, that I was enjoying my field, I was enjoying my engineering but still… yes this still was always attached with my life… But this was just the trailer, picture was abhi baaki thi mere dost…
Engineering…. I never thought that one day I’ll write an article on this topic also, even If I really wanted to write on it, I might have done this either in my initials years or after completing my degree. But to write at this time when there is not a proper start and nor is the climax, then why I am writing, frankly speaking, I think, I too don’t know, but fingers are on the keyboard and here I go…
Whether it’s print or electronic media, it remained as a great attraction right through my school days. But by then I had discovered something which was to grow into an obsession. This was my love of peering down what I feel around me; whether it’s political, social, economical, or on romantic front…I started writing on these themes, it is something that I can never have one single word for it…you call it my words, my articles, my editorials, or my poems…these are something, for me, I may worth die for…but that “still” was still there… I was unable to define it, I guess it was something I was missing in all this above stuff, and that something was everything, it was my engineering…it took time, and it will take more much time, but they say  der aai, par doroost aai”…



No comments:

Post a Comment